Please Sign and Share This Petition
This Logging Company Is Decimating What’s Left of Australian Wildlife Habitats After the Devastating Bushfires
Just a month after the NSW (New South Wales, Australia), bushfires devastated much of Australia forests, a logging company, called Forestry Corporation, has continued to deforest what was left unburnt.
There has been no environmental impact study done so no one knows if continued logging will destroy the already devastated Koala population.
This petition calls for a halt to logging in NSW until we know what the Koala impact will be.
Facts of the Petition
- Recent bush fires in Australia have destroyed 24% of all Koala habitat in NSW (New South Wales)
- These bush fires have also killed approx one third of the Koala population.
- No environmental impact study has been done and yet the logging companies continue to deforest areas that were not burnt.
- This continued deforestation could endanger the survival of the Koala population.
- The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) of NSW says that the logging company, called Forestry Corporation, is not in violation of the logging laws in the state.
This petition demands that the government of NSW temporarily suspend the Coastal Integrated Forestry Operations Approval (IFOA), the state's logging laws, until the fires' impacts have been completely assessed.
Please sign the petition today!
We could lose entire Koala species forever.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE LATEST ANIMAL PETITIONS