Please Sign and Share This Petition
Lonely Fuko has Been Trapped Alone for 10 Years. Please Help Her Have a Better Life
Fuko the elephant has been alone for 10 years—after losing her companion Dumbo in 2008. For 25 years, Fuko and Dumbo spent every waking moment together in the same enclosure. At least back then, they had each other.
Now Fuko is forced to spend most of her days trapped alone in a tiny, featureless concrete cell at Nagano Chasuyama Zoo in Japan.
It is time to give Fuko a better life.
Facts of the Petition
- Fuko spent 25 years in confinement with companion Dumbo.
- However, in 2008 Dumbo died and since then Fuko has been alone for 10 years.
- Fuko exhibits all the traits of a confined, mentally tortured animal, pacing up and down her tiny cage.
- Fuko's repetitive pacing is an abnormal stereotypical behavior often seen in captive wild animals that are kept in substandard enclosures.
- These traits are due to boredom, frustration, anxiety and depression.
- Elephants are highly intelligent social animals and live for 60-70 years.
- This petition is aimed at the Japanese Government and other authorities to set higher standards via legislation for captive animals like Elephants including bringing an end to solitary confinement for social animals such as Elephants.
We need your help! Please sign and share this petition demanding change for Fuko!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP TO SAVE FUKO!
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE LATEST ANIMAL PETITIONS