If you're searching for a brunch option or a treat for your afternoon tea, we've got just the thing for you. Our orange cranberry scones recipe combines the bright citrus flavour of orange with the tangy sweetness of cranberries. These scones are perfect for a cosy day in or for impressing your guests with a homemade treat. This recipe is vegan and also offers a simple icing drizzle option to take these scones to the next level. With just a few simple ingredients, including milkadamia buttery spread, this recipe doesn't require any fancy equipment or special skills. So, preheat your oven, brew a cup of tea, and get ready to enjoy these delicious scones hot out of the oven.
Servings : 8
Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Milkadamia, unsweetened
- 2 1/2 Tbsp (37.5ml) orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100g) vegan cane sugar
- 1/4 cup (57g) chilled, Milkadamia buttery spread (1/4 of the container)
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5g) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (3.75g) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (50g) cranberries, chopped
Icing (if so desired):
- 1 cup (125g) powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30ml) orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk together. Add buttery spread to the bowl. Cut in using a pastry cutter or two knives until the dough begins to form fine crumbs.
- Stir in the cranberries and orange zest.
- Add Milkadamia milk and vanilla; mix until it becomes soft and no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Turn onto a parchment-lined baking sheet sprinkled with flour and shape into an 8" (20.32cm) circle or use a springform pan.
- Cut into 8 triangles and gently separate scones, ensuring they have enough room to spread out as they bake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- If desired, make icing by combining powdered sugar and orange juice and drizzle over.
Our thanks to Milkadamia for this recipe