Calling all chocolate lovers! Get ready for the ultimate indulgence with this recipe for Vegan Fudgy Brownies. These brownies are rich, dense, and chocolatey, with a perfectly crispy crust and melty chocolate chips in every bite. Made with a blend of gluten-free flours, these brownies are also suitable for those with gluten sensitivities. The recipe also includes chia seeds, which add a boost of nutrition and help create the fudgy texture. Whether you’re looking to impress guests or satisfy a sweet craving, these brownies are sure to do the trick. So preheat your oven and get ready to bake the most delicious vegan brownies you’ve ever had.
YIELD: 12 BROWNIES
¾ cup superfine brown rice flour
¼ cup almond meal
¼ cup potato starch
¼ cup sorghum flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups chopped non dairy chocolate or chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
¼ cup non dairy margarine
½ cup strong coffee
2 tablespoons ground chia seed mixed with 5 tablespoons hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup non dairy white chocolate chips (optional)
• Preheat oven 325°F and lightly grease a 9 × 13-inch metal pan.
• In a large electric mixing bowl, whisk together the superfine brown rice flour, almond meal, potato starch, sorghum flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
• Place the chocolate chips into a large heat-safe bowl.
• In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, margarine, and
¼ cup of the coffee and bring to a boil, stirring often. Once boiling, immediately remove from the heat and pour the hot sugar mixture directly onto the chocolate chips, stirring quickly to combine thoroughly. Transfer to the mixing bowl containing the flour mixture along with the prepared chia gel and vanilla extract and mix on medium-high speed until smooth. Add in the additional ¼ cup coffee and mix well. If you’re using them, fold in white chocolate chips.
• Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan—the batter will be tacky. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares and serving. Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.